Postdoctoral Research Position: Hildesheim University
Postdoc Position in Machine Learning, Department of Mathematics, Natural Science, Economics and Computer Science , University of Hildesheim, Germany.
As a postdoc in our international ML research group you conduct research in ML, supervise the research of several PhD students, have the opportunity to cooperate with companies, small and large, as well as with academic partners on real-word ML-related problems, and are encouraged to teach ML courses in our renowned International Master Program in Data Analytics to students from all over the world.
Duration and Fellowship
The position is full-time, available to be filled immediately and offers tenures of initially three years with the possibility of an extension by another three years. The salary amounts to TV-L E13 (roughly 48.000 EUR gross income per year).
- Relational Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Time-Series Forecasting and Classification
- Meta Learning
- Deep Learning
The Information Systems and Machine Learning Lab (ISMLL) at Institute of Computer Science at University of Hildesheim is an international research group on machine learning, especially predictive modelling and probabilistic methods for complex data and complex decisions, with an excellent publication track record (ACM KDD, IEEE ICDM, ECML etc.). ISMLL takes part in basic and applied research projects in various domains such as mobility, e-commerce and technology enhanced learning. See http://www.ismll.uni-hildesheim.de for more information. Located in Hildesheim, the University of Hildesheim is renowned for high quality research and education.
- Interests in models, algorithms and data, hardly can stop discussing them with other researchers, has made first contributions to the field and now is looking to pursue an academic career by building an excellent publication track record.
- PhD in Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or a closely related area and a respective publication record.
- Additional experience with third-party funded research projects will be an asset.
- Strong analytic and programming skills, the ability to work independently, strong interpersonal as well as English language skills.
How to apply
- Apply online at hereuploading your CV with your transcripts and a research statement.
- Please enclose a full list of publications and a PDF of your paper you like most yourself. You can submit your application online anytime.
- For any further question contact Prof. Dr. Dr. Lars Schmidt-Thieme via email.
|Organization||University of Hildesheim|
|Subject Area||Machine Learning|
|Fellowship Amount||40.000 EUR|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st March 2020|