The Faculty of Bioscience Engineering at Ghent University is inviting application for a Postdoctoral researcher.
- The selected candidate will develop suitable protocols for sample preparation, as well as software development for automated X-ray CT scanning and analysis in function of tree-ring width and MXD
- The postdoc will apply the new method to develop the first North American annual-resolution temperature reconstruction to extend back to the mid-Holocene
- Applicant must hold a thesis-based doctorate (obtained max. 6 years ago. This term of 6 years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma) in (Bio-) Science/Engineering, Physics, Earth Sciences or alike. The PhD has to be obtained before the start of the contract.
- Applicant must have a strong interest in dendrochronology, paleoclimatology, and X-ray CT scanning.
- Applicant must have excellent analytical skills; speak and write English fluently.
- Applicant must have good communication skills.
- Applicant must have an interest in working with or knowledge and experience in tree-ring analysis, paleoclimatology, data analysis and / or non-destructive imaging, such as X-ray CT scanning.
- Applicant must have experience with hands-on lab work; ICT / programming skills (Python / R) are required.
How to apply:
|Subject areas||Bioscience, Bio-Engineering, Physics, Earth Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|