The Data Science Institute at the National University of Ireland is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time, fixed term position as a postdoctoral researcher. This position is funded by European Commission under the H2020 programme and by SFI under the Insight-2 project, and is available from 01 December 2020 to contract end date of 30 June 2021 (with a possibility of extension beyond that date).
About the position:
- The successful candidate will become a key part of the team working on machine learning and explainable AI models for oncology patient stratification based on the risk of post-treatment complications.
- Participation in the development of the necessary novel computer science concepts and software prototypes is also expected. Some industrial partner liaison activities will be part of the administrative/outreach duties associated with the role.
- Assisting in biomedical and clinical data collection and integration activities.
- Developing graph-based predictive models on top of the data (primarily focused on making predictions applicable to stratification of oncological patients based on post-treatment risks, but also to industrially oriented pharma and diagnostics use cases).
- Participating on the development of explainable predictive models with other NUI Galway team members, project consortium and industrial partners.
- Active involvement in liaising with industrial partners regarding possible joint applied research projects.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines (awarded or submitted at the very least)
- Substantial experience with knowledge graph technology and thorough knowledge of machine learning, with special focus on semi-supervised learning (e.g. information diffusion in graphs), representation learning, link prediction and knowledge base completion
- Good grasp of the explainable AI topic and current trends and demonstrable hands-on experience with advanced machine learning projects (e.g. via GitHub and/or published research)
- Working knowledge of linked biomedical data relevant to oncology and pharma (e.g. cancer signalling, drug, proteomics and pathway databases or genomic variation datasets)
- Experience with coordination of research projects and biomedical text mining
How to apply:
Applications including a covering letter, CV and the contact details of three referees should be sent via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Dr. Vit Novacek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||National University of Ireland (NUI)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||16 September 2020|