The Laboratory of Food Biochemistry at the Department of Health Science and Technology at ETH Zurich is inviting application for a Postdoctoral researcher (Food Chemistry).
About the project:
- The selected candidate will have his/her research career in the multidisciplinary area of (bio)chemical aspects related to healthy and sustainable foods.
- Research topics in the group range from composition of health promoting substances in plant-based foods, influence of genetics on composition of fibres and phytochemicals in grains, bioactive properties of modified fibres and phytochemicals, molecular interactions between dietary fibres and small molecules etc.
- Applications are open to a highly motivated student with good skills in chemical analysis and solid understanding of food processing and food systems.
- In particular experience in mass spectrometry and other advanced analytical techniques is considered a benefit, in addition to the other standard analytical techniques (HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, NMR, FT-IR, measurements of physical properties).
- Expertise in food processing and technology in general is considered an advantage.
- Applicants should be motivated and must have a PhD degree in food chemistry, food sciences, organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, applied biochemistry, or a related subject.
- Applicant must possess excellent English language skills, the ability to carry out research in an interdisciplinary and international environment, skillls to supervise undergraduate students, and a strong desire to disseminate the results in conference talks and journal articles.
Apply online and application must be with the following documents:
- CV, including full list of publications
- PDF file of Doctoral thesis (if the file size is too large, a link to the thesis can be added to the publication list)
- Academic transcript of studies
- Two page statement on motivation, past research experience and research interests and vision (in English)
- Contact details of three academics who may be contacted for references
Food Chemistry, Food Sciences, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Applied Biochemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||until the position is filled|