The Docent Fabio Valoppi, affiliated with the Food Materials Science research group, led by Associate Professor Kirsi Mikkonen at University of Helsinki is seeking for Postdoctoral Researcher in Food Structure Design. The position is for a fixed-term 2-year contract to work in a project entitled “Engineered oleogels for body weight management (ENGEL)”. The project focuses on the development of a novel type of oleogels with tailored digestibility that will help address the current global burden of obesity.
- Applicant must be highly motivated and skilled with a PhD degree in food sciences/engineering, colloidal sciences, physical chemistry, or other related fields.
- The postdoctoral researcher is expected to contribute to research on oleogels, emulsions, student supervision, and education on food sciences.
- The appointed researcher will work in collaboration with the other members of the Food Materials Science research group and will be supervised by Docent Fabio Valoppi.
- Candidate should be able to: Identify, design, conduct, and report research on oleogel, emulsions, and encapsulation from physical, technological, and physiological perspectives; Contribute to proposal writing to apply further research funding; Contribute to master/doctoral student supervision, and teaching of food science; Engage with scientific community, research partners and the wider public at all levels, internationally and domestically through scientific publications as well as for example through social media (blogs, etc.).
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
Apply online and include (in a single pdf-file):
- A cover letter explaining the applicant’s motivation for the research work and a short research plan (e.g. approach, research materials and methods) (up to 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae showing the applicant’s education, completed qualifications, work experience, possible list of publications and contact information of 2 persons for references (up to 3 pages)
- Copies of Doctoral, Master’s, and Bachelor’s degree certificates and official transcripts of the records, and their translations, if the originals are not in Finnish, Swedish or English.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
Food Sciences, Engineering, Colloidal Sciences, Physical Chemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||14 February 2021|