The Department of Computer Science at University of Helsinki invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher in algorithms and computational biology.
About the Position:
- A fixed-term postdoctoral researcher position for 15 months is available in the research team of Academy Research Fellow Dr. Leena Salmela at the Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki.
- The research team is part of the Algorithmic Bioinformatics research group at University of Helsinki.
- The team develops algorithms and data structures for high throughput sequencing data with a main emphasis on genome assembly.
- As a postdoctoral researcher the selected candidate will work on developing novel variants of de Bruijn graphs suitable e.g. to noisy data and on developing methods using de Bruijn graphs for processing high throughput sequencing data.
- The starting date in the position is negotiable.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree in computer science or bioinformatics (or related fields) and have experience in algorithm development.
- Experience in processing of high-throughput sequencing data is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are needed.
- Applicant should have a strong motivation for research in this field and possess the ability to carry out independent research.
How to apply:
Apply online and submit as a single pdf file:
- CV with a list of publications
- Description of research experience (1-2 pages)
- Two reference letters and/or contact details of two potential referees who agreed to provide letters of recommendation
- Copy of PhD degree certificate
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Bioinformatics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 31st, 2021|