The Department of Chemistry at University of Zurich is offering a position as postdoctoral researcher in the field of Discovery of Quantum Materials in the research group of Prof. Fabian von Rohr.
- Successful candidate will work on the discovery of new compounds, phases, and materials, the development of improved synthesis procedures in order to access complex compounds, and the understanding of the structure-property relationship of quantum materials.
- The candidate will mainly focus on the chemical and synthetic aspects of these materials, but also be involved in physical properties measurements in collaboration with the Department of Physics at the University of Zurich, and other international collaborators.
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) in solid-state chemistry or in condensed matter physics with a background in materials synthesis.
- Good measurement (e.g. electrical transport, magnetization, specific heat) skills and experience in crystallography are an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written) are required.
- The successful applicant should be open to move to another location within Europe together with the group.
Apply online including
- A cover letter stating motivation for this position
- A comprehensive CV including publications and presentations
- Three references
|Organization||University of Zurich|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Material Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Until the position is filled|