The School of Chemistry at National University of Ireland (NUI) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for a fixed term position as a Postdoctoral Researcher. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
About the project:
- This 3-year post covers a variety of activities in the funded PAT4Nano project. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Prof. Alan Ryder to support the work plan approved in PAT4Nano in terms of management and technical expertise in Raman spectroscopy instrumentation.
- The candidate will be in charge of the technical work, consisting of developing Raman and multi-PAT systems for the online analysis of nanosuspensions.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Physics, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or an equivalent discipline.
- Demonstrable track record in a research and development environment; candidates with experience working with or in industry (photonics or analytical science domains) are particularly welcome.
- A strong background in photonics instrumentation (e.g. OCT, Microscopy) and proven expertise in optical modelling and algorithm development
- Excellent communication (in English) and organizational skills
- Be highly motivated and passionate about developing new algorithms and analytical methods
- Have strong documentation, oral and interpersonal skills
- Candidates with experience working with, or in industry (photonics or analytical science domains) are particularly welcome.
- Use of Raman spectroscopy and in particular for materials analysis.
- Specialized experience with PAT software, MATLAB, or computer programming.
- Appropriate supervisory or teaching experience may be an advantage.
- Mobility in EU countries to attend meetings and seminars.
Applications via e-mail only (in word or PDF only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org including a covering letter, CV, and the contact details of three referees with reference number NUIG 104-20 in subject line of e-mail application.
|Organization||National University of Ireland (NUI)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st July 2020|