The Princeton Society of Fellows, an interdisciplinary group of scholars in the humanities, social sciences, and selected natural sciences, invites applications for the 2019-2022 Fellowship competition.
Number of fellowships: 4
Duration: 3 years
Fellowship value: stipend is approximately $86,600 per year; shared office; personal computer; research account of $5,000 a year; access to university grants
Distribution of fellowships:
- 02 Open Fellowships in the Humanities and Social Sciences (OPEN)
- 01 Fellowship in Humanistic Studies (HUM)
- 01 fellowship in LGBT studies
- Applicants must hold the PhD degree at time of application; must have received PhD degree between January 1, 2018 and August 22, 2019.
- Applicants who are ABD (All But Dissertation) at time of application: If applicant will not meet the August 22, 2019, deadline for receipt of PhD but are expected to have fulfilled all conditions for the degree, including defense and filing of dissertation, by June 15, 2019, he/she may still apply for a postdoctoral fellowship provided you have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation (approximately half).
- Recipients of PhD in Education (Ed.D. or PhD degrees), PhD of Jurisprudence, and candidates for/recipients of PhD degrees from Princeton University are not eligible to apply.
- Submit online application. The following application documents must be uploaded by the applicant:
- Cover letter
- Dissertation abstract
- Writing sample: one chapter of the dissertation or one published article related to the dissertation topic.
- Research proposal
- Two course proposals
- For ABD (All But Dissertation) candidates: letter of “Progress to Degree” from the director of graduate studies or department chair.
- For applicants with PhD degree: document confirming your completion of all requirements for the PhD degree.
- 3 references with names and email addresses, who will be contacted with an invitation to upload their confidential letter of recommendation to the online portal once the application has been submitted
Note: If you have already applied to the Princeton Society of Fellows, you may not apply a second time.
|Organization||The Trustees of Princeton University|
|Subject areas||Humanities and Social Sciences, Humanistic Studies|
|Fellowship amount||approximately $86,600 per year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||The application deadline is the first Tuesday of August 2021|
- Name of Organisation Field Value