Princeton University Postdoctoral Fellowship: USA: Princeton University Postdoctoral Fellowship: USA
The Princeton Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts of Princeton University in USA is delighted to invite applications for postdoctoral fellowships for the academic year 2020-2024.
Fellowship Value: The salary for 2019-2020 will be approximately $88,800.
The fellowship has the objective of supporting innovative interdisciplinary approaches towards scholarship and teaching in the humanities and humanities-related social and natural sciences areas.
Each year, the Society chooses a new group of postdoctoral Cotsen fellows. The fellows are appointed for a 3 year term to conduct research and to teach in a home department or program at the University.
Duration of the program: 3 years
Level of Study: Postdoctoral program
Subject Area: Liberal Arts consisting of the humanities, social sciences, and selected natural sciences.
- A $5,000 research account,
- access to university grants,
- a shared office,
- a personal computer and
- other resources.
- Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the duration of the program.
- This is done so that the applicant can attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
Nationality: International students can apply
Number of Scholarships: 4
2 Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society,
1 Fellowship in Humanistic Studies and
1 Fellowship in LGBT Studies
- The applicants having the PhD degree at the time of application must have received the degree after January 1st.
- Applicants who do not yet have the PhD must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation – approximately half – at the time of application.
- Successful candidates must fulfil all the requirements for the Ph.D., including the filing of the dissertation, by June 15th.
- The candidates who are due to receive doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence and from Princeton University are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
- Selection is based on exceptional academic track record and proof of unusual promise, range and quality of teaching experience as well as potential contributions to an interdisciplinary community.
- The Society of Fellows especially welcomes those from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
How to Apply: the mode of application is online. The applications must be submitted via the online portal by the application deadline.
- The applications mailed, emailed or faxed (partial or complete) applications would not be considered.
|Subject Areas||Liberal arts|
|Eligibility||Open for international candidates|
|Deadline||August 4, 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value