The ’Project-based Personnel Exchange Programme’ (PPP) is a bilateral research promotion programme between the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST). The basic aim of the programme is to reinforce the association between Indian and German research groups, which are working together on a particular scientific project.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) are offering the Project-based Personnel Exchange Programme’(PPP). The project is funded by DAAD.
About the PPP:
- The focus of the programme is to strengthen the collaboration between Indian and German research groups, which are working jointly on a particular scientific project.
- The programme envisages, in this connection, financial support for operational mobility only.
- The programme is open to Scientists/ researchers, university professors, post-doctoral researchers and doctoral students.
- University professors, scientists/researchers and post-doctoral researchers from German and Indian universities and those in permanent positions at public funded research institutes are eligible to apply.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Earth Sciences
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Nutritional Medicine
- Material Sciences
Duration of funding: maximum 2 years
- Applicant must provide a concrete and precise scientific research project proposal of high quality, on which academics from both countries jointly, and to the extent possible complementarily, want to work on.
- The research group on each side should consist of a project leader and up to two doctoral students or post-doctoral researchers. The total number of participants in the project on both sides should not exceed three from each side.
- Application shall be considered by DST and DAAD only if a parallel application has been submitted simultaneously by the Indian and German partner to DST and DAAD respectively.
- The project proposal must be clearly described in, the concrete tasks that would be undertaken by the German group and those by the Indian partner.
- The scientific contents of the proposal must be common from both sides.
- German research groups must apply online on the DAAD-Portal
- The applications by the Indian research groups to be submitted to the DST in India as per the guidelines and format.
- 2 original hardcopies of the proposal, in prescribed format attached, duly forwarded by Head of the Institute / University to be submitted to DST.
- A soft copy (in a single soft file in PDF or MS-word format) as email attachment must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Science and Technology (DST) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Country||India and Germany|
Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, Informatics, Medicine, Life Sciences, Health Sciences, Animal Sciences, Nutritional Medicine, Physics, Material Sciences and Chemistry.
|Eligibility||Open to Indian and German researchers|
|Deadline||31 July 2018|
- Name of Organisation Field Value