DAAD has created a program called PROMOS intended to support German students during short academic stays abroad. The PROMOS scholarship application procedure for University of Mannheim students
- The University of Mannheim offers PROMOS scholarships to Bachelor’s students looking to spend a semester abroad in a non-European country (including Russia) during the fall semester 2015 and/or in the spring semester 2016.
- Scholarship opportunities for Master’s, Diploma, and Staatsexamen students at the University of Mannheim.
- Qualified applicants are German students, students who have the same status as a German citizen, and foreign students who are enrolled as degree-seeking students at the University of Mannheim.
- Funding cannot be granted for an abroad study period taking place in a foreign student’s home country.
Applications are invited twice in a year and the deadlines are:
- March 31, 2020: Fall Semester
- October 15, 2019: Spring Semester of 2019 and for students who are planning to study in a non-European country as a free-mover during that time period.
- CV (in German or English)
- Letter of Motivation
- Free Mover: In your letter of motivation, you should describe the advancement of your efforts to be accepted at your preferred university. You should also mention any alternative plans you may have.
- Current academic transcript (in German/English)
- Documentation proving foreign language skills (University of Mannheim’s Language Certificate, TOEFL or IELTS).
- A partial scholarship will be paid per month
- Duration and amount of the scholarship: 4 months (maybe less for shorter stays) (usually 300€ per month)
- Complete or partial reimbursement of foreign student fees is not possible
|Organization||University of Mannheim|
|Fellowship Level||Master’s, Bachelor’s, Diploma|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||300€ per month|
|Eligibility||Open for Germans as well as international students|
|Deadline||31 March, 15 October|
Ms Gela Wittenberg (International Office)