Protein crystallography; Postdoctoral Fellow Position
The Site located in Grenoble has a cutting edge skills and platform on protein structures analysis. INRA is the leading Agricultural Institute in Europe. It has proven a strong experience and visibility in the field of microbiology remarkably the studies of microbial ecosystems in various environments including the Human intestinal microbiota.
Successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary research conglomerate including groups working on meta-genomics, structural and biochemical analysis and functional studies on mice-based model systems. The focus of this postdoc project is the determination of the structure of microbial serpins involved in IBD alone and in complex with their targets and the study of the molecular basis underlying their mode of action and specificity.
Funding for a total of 2 years is available, 1 year at the EMBL Grenoble Outstation (structural analysis) and 1 year at INRA (biochemical and functional analysis).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have PhD degree. Candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge in protein crystallography.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: recombinant protein production and purification, sample characterization, bio-computing, structural modelling and protein engineering.
- Knowledge in standard biochemistry and molecular biology techniques is also required.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously as well as must be ready to travel and relocate for extended periods between the two laboratories is required.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience on project management will be highly valued.
- Apply online through the following link: www.embl.org/jobs
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering
|03 June 2016