The University of Exeter and the University of Queensland are inviting applications from exceptional students to join a world-leading, cross-continental research team tackling major challenges facing the world’s population in global sustainability and wellbeing as part of the QUEX Institute.
About the QUEX PhD programme
- This is a joint PhD programme which will provides a great opportunity for the most talented doctoral students to work closely with world-class research groups and benefit from the combined expertise and facilities offered at the two institutions, with a lead supervisor within each university.
- This programme will provide full tuition fees, stipend, travel funds and research training support grants to the successful applicants.
- The studentship funding is provided for up to 42 months (3.5 years)
Themes and projects:
- Restoration of marine coastal environments for climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Dietary exposure to microplastic debris and associated chemicals
- Modelling the role of Biodiversity in Ecosystem Resilience to Climate Change: comparing tropical forests and coral reefs
- Coral reef futures under climate change and ocean acidification
- Using integrative physiology to optimise diets for sustainable aquaculture and reassess optimal foraging theory in wild fish
- How do nutritional interventions affect male and female ageing rates?: an experimental genomic approach
- Sexual Science, Medicine and Healthy Ageing in Historical Perspective
- Cross-disorder analyses of DNA methylation data for disorders of the brain
Physical Activity and Nutrition
- The influence of Montmorency tart cherry supplementation on exercise performance, sleep and recovery
- Optimising the spring in your step – analysing the neuromechanical response of the human foot to varied surfaces and loads for improved footwear design
- Applicants must be highly motivated
- Applicant must hold or expected to hold either a first or upper-second class BA or BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- If English is not your first language you will need to meet the English language requirements and provide proof of proficiency.
|Organization||University of Exeter and the University of Queensland|
Environmental Sustainability, Healthy Ageing, Physical Activity and Nutrition
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||18 May 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value