The Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Department of Forest Sciences, Institute of Soil Science and Site Ecology, the Chair of Soil Resources and Land Use at TU Dresden is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate / PhD student.
About the position:
- The position is part of a DFG funded project “Production of microbial extracellular polymeric substances in soil-like systems – The role of nutrient imbalances, water availability and presence of mineral surfaces”
- Starting date: 1 October 2019
- Duration: 36 months
- Applicant must be highly motivated student with a university degree (master or equivalent) in earth or natural sciences (e.g., Soil Sciences, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences), microbiology or related subjects with strong laboratory experience.
- A fundamental understanding in soil science and microbiology is required.
- Candidate should have experience in microbiological techniques (e.g. cultivation of microbes, work under sterile conditions), chemical and biochemical analysis.
- Specific experience in visualization techniques and image analysis are most welcome.
- Experience in microscopy (light required; SEM, CSLM), x-Ray imaging (µCT desirable) is especially desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and excellent communication skills are expected, command of German is a desired skill.
Application to be submitted as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Motivation letter
- Summary of master thesis (if already completed)
- Names (affiliation, telephone, e-mail) of two references
|Subject areas||Soil Sciences, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Microbiology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 August 2019|