PhD ADMISSIONS at the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites application for admission to the PhD program (September 2018 session) in various domains of disease biology.
Details of admission are as follows:
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/Chemical/Agricultural/Environmental/ Veterinary/Pharmaceutical/Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination.
Duration: These fellowships must be valid till March 2019.
Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark (OGPA – 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
SC/ST candidates should have a min. of 55% marks (OGPA-6.0) for their qualifying degree.
A limited number of institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship.
This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two (02)-years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowships from external agencies so that the PhD program continues uninterrupted.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hour and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will begin on the same day.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University & Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS).
- Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- All selected trainees will undergo the mandatory 03-month course work from September to December 2017.
Applications along with prescribed fees (as a demand draft of Rs 500/) must be submitted to the following:
The Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology,
Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala State, India. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees. Applications (scanned copies/pdf along with a photocopy of the processing fee DD) can also be submitted through Email: email@example.com.
Note: All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets and demand draft (if not already submitted).
|Organization||Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)|
|Subject areas||Life sciences: Life, Chemical, Agricultural, Environmental, Veterinary, Pharmaceutical, Medical Sciences|
|Deadline||16 April 2019|