Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) offers Ph.D. programmes in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Science & Social Sciences and Management. The aim of the PhD programmes is to contribute to the development of the respective fields by conducting front-end research and to train students to be lifelong learners.
About the program:
- Candidates having required qualifications can submit their application any time during the year in the any disciplines.
- Depending upon RGIPT needs and availability written test, presentation and/or interviews will be conducted periodically.
- Candidates can apply only once through the rolling advertisement.
- If candidate wants to apply more than once, he/she may apply through the regular advertisement.
- Petroleum Engineering and Geological Science: Petroleum, Geology and Geophysics
- Engineering Science: Chemical, Material Science, Electrical, Civil and Geoinformatics
- Basic Sciences & Humanities: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biological Science, Material Science, Renewable Energy, English and Sociology
- Department of Management Studies (DoMS)
General Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must hold Ist class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology (M.E./M.Tech.) or equivalent and qualified score of GATE Exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
- Applicant must hold Ist class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology and qualified GATE score.
- Applicant must hold Ist class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s degree in relevant discipline and qualified score of GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ GPAT/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship/ DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
- The shortlisted candidates are called for a written test followed by presentation/viva-voce at the institute.
Categories of PhD candidates:
- Regular category
- Sponsored Category
- Part-Time Category
- 25,000/- P.M. for first two years and Rs. 28,000/-P.M. for remaining two years.
- The scholarship can be available for a maximum period of four years.
- Copy of GATE/CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT/GPAT Score Card (Self-attested).
- Copy Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates (Self-attested).
- Copy of all semester/year mark sheet/grade sheet of graduation & provisional degree certificate/degree certificate of graduation (Self-attested).
- Copy of all semester/year mark sheet/grade sheet of post-graduation & provisional degree certificate/degree certificate of post-graduation (Self-attested).
- Copy of work experience certificate (Self-attested).
- Copy of valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/SC/ST category.
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate and a self-declaration form (Self-attested)
- Copy of valid certificates of physically handicapped (Self-attested).
- One passport size latest color photo fixed on the application form.
- “Sponsorship Certificate” and “Employer Consent” should be sent for sponsored candidate.
- “NOC” and “Employer Consent” should be sent for part time candidate
- Sponsored candidate need to produce at least three years leave approval for the employing agency for stay on campus until completion of course work, comprehensive examination.
- Part Time candidates need to produce one year leave approval from the employing agency for stay on campus until completion of course-work, comprehensive examination.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT)
|Subject areas||Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Geological Science|
|Fellowship amount||25,000/- P.M./28,000/- P.M.|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||10 June 2019|
- Name of Organisation Field Value