The Raman Charpak Fellowship program is in honor of 2 Nobel Laureates in Physics, Indian Nobel Laureate, 1930 Prof C.V. Raman, and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate, 1992.
The aim is to facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in science, technology and innovation. The Fellowship was launched during the State visit of the President of France, H.E. Mr. Francois Hollande, to India during February 14-15th, 2013.
The Raman-Charpak Fellowship is the only Indo-French bilateral Fellowship programme jointly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Service for Science and Technology (SST), French Embassy in India, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Development, Government of France.
This programme implemented by the Indo-French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at improving the doctoral skills of Indian and French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a University / Research Institute based in France or India respectively.
The scheme also provides an exposure and experience about the current research methods and trends in India/ France, while discovering each another’s cultural context. Since year 2013, 57 Raman-Charpak Fellows have been supported under this programme.
Target group: This Programme is for PhD research scholars and Maters Students [only from France at an Indian or French Research Institute / University
Duration of fellowship: 2 to 6 Months
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD or masters in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA, also in the framework of CEFIPRA projects, and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
- Age: Maximum 30 years
How to Apply:
Only online submission will be considered, candidates have to apply at www.cefipra.org or log on to: http://cefipra.org/raman-charpak/
Filling up of all the fields in the application form is mandatory.
Applications received through post will not be accepted.
The proposal must include the following information (in English):
- Detailed description of the research project (up to 5 pages) stating the title of Research work with an explanation of how the planned work will benefit the candidate during his/her stay in proposed Research Institute / University in France /India.
- Candidates must also enclose the following documents:
- A CV (up to 3 pages) with recent photograph including summary of achievements and research interests, list relevant publications, etc.
- A letter of recommendation from the Ph.D. supervisor in his/her native lab.
- PhD synopsis or short summary of PhD work (up to 3 pages only).
- A letter of recommendation and agreement from the proposed supervisor in the fellowship lab (Foreign Research Institute / University).
- Research experience letter or publications as proof (first author or co-author).
- No objection certificate from Head of the Institution.
- Scanned copy of PhD registration letter.
- A scan copy of passport (both front and back).
- Scanned copy of highest degree certificate.
- A recent photograph.
The proposal document must respect the lengths indicated above. It is strongly encouraged to apply early for timely processing rather than towards the end of the deadline. Please ensure that you completely fill the form and then submit.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The host institution/university of Indian applicants must be in France and vice versa for the French applicants.
If the application is successfully submitted, candidate should not apply again.
Deadline: May/June, 2019
- Name of Organisation Field Value