Ramsay Memorial Fellowships started as a memorial to Sir William Ramsay (1852-1916), who was Prof. of Inorganic and General Chemistry at UCL. Fellowships are granted every year by the Ramsay Memorial Fellowships Trust to postdoctoral chemists who have already had some postdoc experience of research but who are in the early stages of their career, so that they may initiate a programme of original and independent research.
Location: tenable at a university or other place of academic research within the UK.
- Applicants born within the Commonwealth and who have graduated with distinction in chemistry from a university within the Commonwealth In exception, Fellowship may be awarded to a candidate whose academic distinction has been gained outside the Commonwealth).
- Applicant must hold PhD, preferably of a university within the British Commonwealth or its equivalent, and must produce evidence of their ability to initiate and pursue a programme of independent research.
- Preference will also be given to early-career candidates.
An award of a Ramsay Fellowship will be based upon:
- proposal to do specified research at a specified place (both to be approved by the Advisory Council)
- applicant’s proposal to undertake their studies within the top-rated Department of Chemistry at UCL
Duration: 2 years from 1 October in the year of award; can be extended to 3rd year
Fellowship value: fully funded by the Trust; may be co-sponsored (by a university department, an industrial company or another body), fellow’s total salary costs up to a maximum of £17,500/annum; £1,000/annum (non-travel) research expenses
- Applications to be filed on the prescribed application form
- Send applications to the Executive Secretary, Ramsay Memorial Fellowships Trust, Academic Services, Student and Registry Services, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK (email: email@example.com)
- Applications to arrive not later than 15 November of the year before the award.
|Organization||SCI (UK charity)|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to students from Commonwealth countries|
|Deadline||15 November (yearly)|