Refugee/ International Postgraduate Scholarship are available for Honours, Master’s and Doctoral students in 2018 at University of Cape Town
Criteria and Funding Eligibility
- Only few numbers of scholarships are available to graduates who are not South African nationals.
- Scholarship is highly competitive and preference is given to senior candidates.
- All University International and Refugee Students’ Scholarships are supplementary.
- Applicant must have the means to fund their studies.
- The scholarships are renewable, for 2 years at master’s level and 3 years at doctoral level, (if progress is found satisfactory).
- Honours scholarships are not renewable.
- Applicants must apply for full-time admission through the UCT Admissions Office or the Faculty Office.
The University of Cape Town has limited funds to support financially to full-time international and refugee postgraduate students.
Ineligibility for Funding
- Students who register for the VIth year of a Bachelor’s degree, HDE, LLB, Postgraduate Certificates, Diplomas, Part-time and or Occasional study ARE INELIGIBLE TO APPLY for awards linked to this Application Form and is referred to the Undergraduate Student Financial Aid Office.
- Students who wish to register for IInd degree at the same level ARE INELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
- Students who are full-time members of staff ARE INELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
- Students who have permanent residence in South Africa ARE INELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Application Procedure & Conditions
Please note that this application will not be considered if:
- The required sections are not fully completed and if the documentation requested is not submitted by the closing date 30 September.
|Organization||University of Cape Town|
|Fellowship Level||Master’s, Doctorate|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for Refugees and International Students|