The School of Water, Energy and Environment at Cranfield University is inviting applications for a position of Research Assistant/Fellow in Thermodynamic Modelling. The position is fixed term until 30 April 2022.
About the position:
- The opportunity is open to an enthusiastic individual, with expertise in Thermodynamic modelling, to strengthen our Centre for Thermal Energy and Materials (CTEM).
- The CTEM has a strong record in applied research in the academic and industrial sectors. Our research areas include renewable and low carbon energy systems, advanced power generation systems for efficiency benefits, heating and cooling and next generation technologies for reduction in energy demand.
- This post is connected with a range of activities within the CTEM, with particular emphasis on two projects funded by EU H2020 and British Council evaluating thermodynamic performance of steam plants and utilisation of turbine exhaust for desalination and/or absorption chillers.
- These projects involve partners in EU and non-EU countries.
- Applicant must have a PhD (or close to completion) in Engineering; Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Renewable, Industrial or similar area.
- Applicant must also have proven experience in steam turbine thermodynamics, as well as significant experience in using steady-state thermodynamics packages or related and experience in developing bespoke models that time steps the plants operation throughout a typical year, leading to production of research reports or academic papers, as well as ability to find appropriate solutions to academic and technical problems.
How to apply:
|Fellowship Level||Technical position|
Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Engineering, Industrial Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|