Heriot-Watt University is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate to help deliver research in the area of phase behavior and kinetics of gas hydrates. The successful candidate will be employed for a period of 2 years, and will be required to fulfil the research obligations of a project entitled Inhibition mechanisms of deep eutectic solvents (DEPs) on clathrate hydrate formation under high-pressure conditions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities, with guidance as required, ensuring that project aims and objectives are met.
- Working closely with the supervisory team, develop and plan research objectives.
- Present information on research progress and outcomes to, for example, project lead, funding body, university research committee, research team, etc.
- Publish research reports, conference and indexed journal papers in line with project requirements.
- Build appropriate networks within and outside the team.
- Support dissemination and contribute to technical workshops, seminars and conferences as appropriate
- Where needed, travel to partner universities (research collaborators) to carry out research and/or attend meetings presentations etc.
- Ensure that all data collection undertaken as part of the project is done so ethically and in line with both UK (GDPR) and Malaysian privacy and data protection policies, and in compliance with the requirements of the funder.
- Provide tutoring and assist in the supervision of student research projects as necessary.
- Register as a Master (by research) or PhD student at our University, and fulfil all obligations of this registration and course of study.
- Applicants should note that the Intellectual property generated as part of this research will belong to both Heriot-Watt University Malaysia and the project funder.
- Applicant must hold Bachelor degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Petroleum Engineering or related cognate discipline
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, phase behaviour and kinetics are essential
- Clear communicator with good reading and writing skills; good at understanding and explaining concepts
- Ability to conceptualize problems and develop well-reasoned and logical viewpoints
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Hardworking, proactive, willing to learn new things
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to plan his/her own work
- Good interpersonal skills
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Fellowship Level||Research Assistant|
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering|
|Eligibility||Only Malaysian nationals|
|Deadline||9 May 2021|