Research Assistant – Petroleum Engineering, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia.
The successful candidate will be employed for a period of three (03) years, and will be required to fulfil the research obligations of a project entitled “Solubility as Trapping Mechanism during Carbon Dioxide Subsurface Storage to Mitigate Global Warming”. This research is funded by Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) from Ministry of education MOE and aims to explore the possibility of accelerating the CO2 storage subsurface.
The role will be based at the University’s campus in Putrajaya, the administrative capital of Malaysia. The candidate will have the access to established university resources, and an induction program will be delivered to all new appointees.
Objectives / Tasks
- Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities, with guidance as required, ensuring that project aims and objectives are met.
- Working closely with the supervisory team, develop and plan research objectives.
- Present information on research progress and outcomes to, for example, project lead, funding body, university research committee, research team, etc.
- Publish research reports, conference and indexed journal papers in line with project requirements.
- Build appropriate networks within and outside the team.
- Support dissemination and contribute to technical workshops, seminars and conferences as appropriate
- Where needed, travel to partner universities (research collaborators) to carry out research and/or attend meetings presentations etc.
- Ensure that all data collection undertaken as part of the project is done so ethically and in line with both UK (GDPR) and Malaysian privacy and data protection policies, and in compliance with the requirements of the funder.
- Provide tutoring and assist in the supervision of student research projects as necessary.
- Register as a Master (by research) or PhD student at our University, and fulfil all obligations of this registration and course of study.
Applicants should note that the Intellectual property generated as part of this research will belong to both Heriot-Watt University Malaysia and the project funder.
Education and Qualifications
- Satisfies the entry requirement for PhD program, Heriot-Watt University.
- Degree in chemical/petroleum engineering and Master degree in chemical/petroleum Engineering or related cognate discipline
- Training/courses related to reservoir Engineering area or equivalent in appropriate discipline
Job reference: IRC25624
Duration: 36 months fixed-term
|Fellowship Level||Research Assistant|
|Subject areas||Chemical/Petroleum engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Fees waiver|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||13 Feb 2020 23:00 (UK time)|