Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) – Centre at Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem) is seeking applications from enthusiastic candidates to join the Plant genetics team. Successful candidates will join the team to take part in ongoing programs, which require experience and interest in rice tissue culture & transformation, molecular biology and/or phenotyping platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research Assistant will support rice tissue culture and molecular biology platforms.
- The role will be to actively engage in rice tissue culture and transformation experiments, as well as vector construction and molecular analysis of rice events generated using new genetic technologies.
- Candidates with experience in tissue culture and molecular biology are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Plant Sciences, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 1-2 years of relevant research experience.
- Preference will be given to the candidates with experience in vector construction, rice tissue culture and transformation.
- Ability to work both as part of a team, and independently, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
Duration: Initially for One year and extension based on satisfactory review.
Send application with the following documents to the email address: email@example.com:
- Cover letter with CV with email, phone number and contact details of three referees
- Why the candidate should be hired for this position and research interests (one-page max)
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem)
|Fellowship Level||Research associate|
Plant Sciences, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Molecular Biology
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||February 09, 2021|