Research Assistant/Tech 2: University of British Columbia
Research Assistant/Tech 2 at the Facilities Support Genotyping | Biomedical Research Centre | Faculty of Medicine, UBC (University of British Columbia ).
Job Title: Research Assistant/Tech 2
The position will require the incumbent to perform a variety of moderately complex molecular biology tasks of a technical nature. The position provides an opportunity to learn techniques that are growing in demand and valuable in many areas of biological research.
The ideal candidate will need to show the ability to perform the following
1. Operate tasks utilizing good documentation and standardized operations
2. Willingness to work with technology and learn standard protocols
3. Reliability and commitment to projects and responsibilities
4. Accountable in all instances
5. Strict and thorough attention to detail and organization
6. Great communication and Interpersonal skills with team members and customers
7. Basic laboratory practices, molecular biology, biochemistry, and computer knowledge; pipetting, conventional PCR, Real-Time PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, use of excel spreadsheets, word, powerpoint etc
We will teach all technical skills required, but familiarity with the following could be helpful
8. Familiarity with Gene Expression and SNPs analysis would be very valuable
High school graduation, some additional training in a related field and a minimum two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An Undergraduate degree in Biology with a focus in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics. Minimum of 6-12 months of successful and relevant lab experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, determine implications, and provide recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strict and thorough attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to train.
|Organization||University of British Columbia|
|Level||Research Assistant/Tech 2|
|Subject areas||Biology: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|