Applications are invited for a full time/part time position in the Biomaterials Section of the Applied Biotechnology Research Group at the Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Westminster. The group is mentored by Professor Ipsita Roy.
Salary: £33,847 yearly
Location: Central London
Duration: 1 year full time or 3 years part time
- Applicant is required to have a background in Biochemical Engineering/Process Engineering with experience in Fermentation Technology and scaling up of a biochemical processes.
- Applicants having experience in the production of Polyhydroxyalkanoates using microbial fermentation will have advantage.
- Applicants must have knowledge base of Biomaterials, their characterisation, processing and application in biomedical applications (not mandatory)
- Applicant must possess good communication skills in English (written and oral)
About the position:
- This position is funded by a UKERI project, entitled, ‘The molecular mechanism of angiogenesis and neurogenesis in multicellular 3D culture of tumour cells using PHA based in vitro 3D models.
- This is in collaboration with Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- If desired by the candidate, the post holder can in addition register for a PhD under the guidance of Professor Ipsita Roy. If the chosen candidate is not a home student they will need an overall IELTS score of 7.0 in order to additionally register for a PhD.
- Interviews are likely to be held on: 04 October 2017
- Applications to be submitted online with CV
Ref. number: 50048917
|University of Westminster
|Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering/Process Engineering
|Open to all nationalities
|22 September 2017