Research Associate Pharmacology and Toxicology
Research Associate (Limited Term) at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto (Canada)
Reference / Job Number: 2000826
Requirements / Qualifications
- Candidates require a Ph.D. with demonstrated academic and research expertise in the field of behavioural pharmacology and neurochemistry of the dopamine system.
- Experience working with rodents, conducting behavioural pharmacology experiments, in vivo and in vitro neurochemistry as well as assessment of dopamine transporter levels is required.
- Candidates must have experience preparing manuscripts for submission to peer review publications/journals; assisting with preparing research proposals to be submitted to granting agencies; and presenting findings at meetings and conferences.
- Candidates must also have experience designing, planning and executing experiments and research.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work positively with others in a large collaborative laboratory.
- Designing, planning and executing research projects related to dopamine transporter biology.
- Conducting behavioural pharmacology assays on transgenic rodent models.
- Liaising with collaborators and assisting in the compilation, analysis and reporting of research findings to researchers within and outside of the program.
- Preparing manuscripts for submission
All qualified incumbents are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: R01 — Research Associates (Limited Term): $45,491 – $85,295
Job Closing: Aug 1, 2020, 9:29:00 AM
|Organization||University of Toronto|
|Fellowship Level||Research Associate|
|Subject Areas||Sciences, Engineering|
|Fellowship Amount||$45,491 – $85,295|
|Eligibility||Open for international candidates|
|Deadline||Aug 1, 2020|