The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at the Australian National University is inviting applications for a research fellow position. The research activity will focus on conducting leading-edge research on the development and optimization of high performance computational chemistry algorithms and implementations for exascale supercomputers. Applications are particularly invited from researchers with an extensive and demonstrated expertise in the areas of high-performance computing or computational sciences such as, but not limited to, computational quantum chemistry and mathematics.
- Applicant must hold PhD in either computer science or computational science (computational chemistry, physics maths or equivalent), demonstrated sustained intellectual leadership in in the fields of computational science and high-performance computing in academic and/or non-academic environments as evidenced by impactful research output, personal intellectual contribution to key works, esteem/peer recognition and prizes commensurate with level and membership in professional societies or bodies.
- Evidence of knowledge of high-performance algorithm design and numerical optimization methods, preferably with knowledge of quantum chemistry computational methods and algorithm.
- Evidence of the ability to articulate and prosecute innovative research in the fields of high-performance computing and computational science and a vision for the activities they will undertake at the ANU.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral, with a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with a variety of staff and students in a cross-disciplinary academic environment and to foster inclusive, respectful and productive working relationships with staff, students and colleagues at all levels.
Apply online should upload the following separate documents:
- A detailed CV including a full publication list and the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
- A 1-2 page statement outlining approach to coursework education and student project supervision.
- A 1-2 page statement outlining research objectives for the next 3 years if appointed.
- (Optional) a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
|Organization||Australian National University (ANU)|
|Fellowship Level||Technical position|
Computer Science, Computational Science (Computational Chemistry, Physics, Maths)
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||04 Feb 2021|