The Data Science Institute (DSI) at the National University of Ireland invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time, fixed term position as a Research Fellow. This position is funded by Science Foundation Ireland and Industry partner(s) and to contract end date of 31st July 2020.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a programme of research in the broad field of data analytics with a particular emphasis on development of large-scale distributed data processing and data analytics.
- Support in the attraction of industry funding.
- Provide support and advice to PhD students working on similar topics.
- Support the Principal Investigators (PIs) in overseeing software and system development for various projects in the area of large-scale distributed data processing and data analytics approaches.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Insight centres research and industry partners, with a particular focus developing in the area of distributed data processing and analysis architectures.
- Participate in Insight Centre activities, including industry showcases, annual reviews and industry and agency visits to the Insight labs.
- Support with presentation and documentation of demonstrator systems for industry sponsors.
- Other tasks relevant to successfully implementing the assigned research/industry programme.
- Carry out administrative work associated with the programme of research as necessary
- Significant experience in at least 3 of: Scala, R, Java, Python.
- Experience working with UNIX, Linux, VMWare, OSX or Windows operating systems.
- Database management skills: MySQL, MongoDb, SQL.
- Experience of developing machine learning, especially deep-learning based applications.
- Considerable experience working with large distributed datasets within the following frameworks: Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka
- Experience in one or more machine learning frameworks, such as Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Prophet etc.
- Experience of modern development environments and practices for large scale industry projects.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success of the team.
How to Apply:
Applications to include a covering letter, CV,and the contact details of three referees should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Marc Mellotte (firstname.lastname@example.org). Quote reference number NUIG133-19 in subject line of e-mail application.
|Organization||National University of Ireland (NUI)|
|Fellowship Level||Technical position|
|Subject areas||Data Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||02 August 2019|