Research Fellow (Recognised Researcher R2) in Nanostructured thermoelectrics at the INL – International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory.
RESEARCHER PROFILE: Recognised Researcher (R2)
Career Stage: Up to 3 years after PhD
Name of the project: Unconventional Thermoelectrics Based on Self-Organized Binary Nanocrystal Superlattices – BORN
Reference number: UTAP-EXPL/CTE/0050/2017
Qualifications and expertise:
- Hold a PhD Degree within the field of the selected vacancy (Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, or a related degree);
- Be a Portuguese citizen, a European Union citizen or a non-European Union Citizen with a scientific and professional curriculum that demonstrates an appropriate profile for the activity to be performed;
- Fluency in English is required
- Solid background in nanostructured thermoelectrics;
- Excellent record of productive research demonstrated by publications in leading scientific journals;
The following will be positively evaluated:
- Background in the synthesis and characterization of inorganic nanoparticles;
- Background in binary nanocrystal superlattices;
- Background in scanning thermal microscopy.
Supervision: The work plan will be developed at the INL under the scientific guidance of Dr. Yury V. Kolen’ko. The successful candidate will be integrated in the Nanochemistry Group.
Selection Committee consisting of the following persons:
1) Dr. Yury Kolen’ko
2) Dr. Juliana Silva
3) Dr. Laura Salonen
4) Renata Silva
Candidates must enclose the following supporting documents in pdf format, failing which the application will not be considered:
- Cover letter in English;
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Official transcripts of all relevant academic degrees;
- At least one recommendation letter.
The evaluation process will follow a three-stage process:
- Scientific and Technological Production (‘STP’);
- Applied and Practice-based Research Activities (‘RA’);
- Activities related to the Dissemination of Knowledge (‘DK’);
- Activities related to the Management of Science, Technology and Innovation programmes (‘MSTI’)
|Organization||International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory|
|Deadline||09/11/2018 00:00 – Europe/Brussels|