Research Fellowship at The Centre for Social Studies (CES), University of Coimbra, Portugal. The CES at University of Coimbra (Portugal), invites applications for two research fellowship in the project entitled ‘Enabling Multichannel Participation Through ICT Adaptations — EMPATIA’. CES contribute a stimulating intelligent atmosphere in the domain of social sciences and humanities.
This progremme will be will be hosted at the DECIDe – Research Group on Democracy, Citizenship and Law, which has concentrated its activity on problems such as the organisation of the political community and its multiple relations with the State and experiences of democratic participation and decentralization, among others.
The research programme will be also associated with the Observatory on Participation, Innovation and Local Government (PEOPLES’), which is a meeting and exchange place on topics related to the participation of citizens in the construction of policies and projects for the territory.
It is place to provide reflections on innovations that transform the structure, powers and organizational and political culture of the levels of government closest to the citizen.
Social sciences and humanities
- A completed Master degree in a field of Social Sciences, relevant to the project (10%)
- Applicants with Research experience & scientific publications in these area will be preferd: Participatory Budgeting, Democratic Innovations, Deliberative Democracy, Civic Technologies, Open Knowledge (20%);
- Participatory Budgeting, Democratic Innovations, Deliberative Democracy, Civic Technologies, Open Knowledge (10%)
- Documented training and experience in using quantitative and qualitative methodologies in the social sciences, and documental analysis (10%)
- Expert in English and knowledge of Portuguese (10%)
- Skilled Computer expertise & competency on applications for word processing, data management, spreadsheet & data analysis programs (10%)
- Interest in developing a PhD project and research activity within the scope of the project thematic areas. (30%)
How to apply:
Applications must include:
- A letter of intent/motivation in English
- The Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Complete List of Publications
The applications can send to the following email address: email@example.com or handed personally, at CES’
|Institution||University of Coimbra|
|Subject areas||Social Studies|
|Fellowship amount||As per guidlines|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|