Research Fellowships: Royal Academy of Engineering
The 2020/21 round is now open for applications.
The Royal Academy of Engineering is offering Research Fellowships each year to outstanding early-career researchers to support them to become future research leaders in engineering.
The scheme’s objectives are to:
- Support the best early-career researchers in establishing their independence and international reputation
- Provide long-term support enabling the pursuit of an ambitious program of engineering research and impact
Areas: Develop ambassadors for the Academy and advocates for STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) disciplines.
Who can Apply
Applications are welcomed from early-career researchers worldwide who have been awarded their PhD in the last four years. The scheme provides funding for five years.
Each application is capped at a maximum contribution from the Academy of £500,000 over the five-year period, at 80% of full economic costs. In addition, Research Fellowships must be held at a UK higher education institution/university.
The 2020/21 round accepts applications for any one of the following research fellowship schemes:
- RAEng Research Fellowship
- RAEng Engineering for Development Research Fellowship
- RAEng/Orthopaedic Research UK Research Fellowship
In addition to the direct financial support, the scheme benefits include:
- Opportunity to establish a research track record in a specialized area
- A stronger position to apply for additional funding and develop own research team
- Mentoring support from an Academy Fellow to offer advice on research and career development
- Reduction of teaching and administrative duties to dedicate time to research
- Training opportunities
- Networking with other Research Fellows and Academy Fellows
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Royal Academy of Engineering|
|Type of position||Research Fellowships|
|Subject areas||STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics)|
|Deadline||21 September 2020|