The SFB 1372 “Magnetoreception and Navigation in Vertebrates” at the University of Oldenburg invites applications for a Research Group Fellowship for Postdoctoral Scientists (m/f/d) to conduct independent research in the field of Magnetoreception and/or Navigation in Animals. The position will be filled as soon as possible and is limited to 36 months.
- Applicant must be highly motivated young scientists with an outstanding scientific track record and substantial international research experience in fields related to the aims of SFB 1372.
- These may include but are not restricted to quantum chemistry, biophysics, structural biology, neuroanatomy, behavioural neuroscience, animal behavior, movement ecology, migration genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, electrophysiology, viral techniques, and optogenetics
- Applicant must hold academic university degree, a very good doctoral thesis in a discipline related to SFB 1372, recognizable potential for peer reviewed publications in leading international journals, a visionary research program, and initial experience in acquisition of research grants and teaching.
Candidates should submit their application to Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät V, Abt. Neurosensorik/Animal Navigation, Prof. Dr. Henrik Mouritsen, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany or electronically as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- Motivated letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Description of research experience
- Research concept for the next three years detailing how the candidate would integrate her/his work into SFB 1372 and why this concept could be developed into a successful Emmy Noether, Freigeist, or ERC grant application (in total at maximum 4-5 pages)
- Publication list
- Third party funding list
- Contact addresses of three academic referees
|Organization||University of Oldenburg|
Quantum Chemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology, Neuroanatomy, Behavioural Neuroscience, Animal Behavior, Movement Ecology, Migration Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Electrophysiology, Viral Techniques, Optogenetics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th October 2021|