The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) is offering multiple Research Positions in Solar Physics and Data Science (ref. So2020). The positions are available in the Solar and Stellar Interiors Department starting as soon as September 2020 for a period of two years, with the possibility of an extension. The start date is negotiable.
About the positions:
A number of observational and theoretical projects are available:
(1) Solar Rossby waves as probes of the solar interior,
(2) Solar rotating convection: modes of large-scale convection,
(3) Contribution to the devel-opment of the next-generation radiative convection code WHOLESUN,
(4) Solar polar flows: helioseismol-ogy and granulation tracking applied to Solar Orbiter/PHI observations,
(5) Sun-Earth connections: space weather and space climate,
(6) Methods of helioseismology: forward and inverse problems, analysis and interpretation of observations
(7) Space missions: design of future solar space mission concepts and in-volvement in ongoing mission proposals.
- Candidates must have a background in Physics, Astrophysics, Fluid Dynamics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or Machine Learning and should have a PhD or M.Sc. in physics, astrophysics, geophysics, applied mathematics, scientific computing, or computer science.
Send application as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with ”So2020″ in the subject line and applications should include the following:
- A cover letter (less than two pages) summarizing the candidate’s achievements and interests
- A CV
- A full list of publications highlighting the candidate’s two best publications
- Names of three references and a proposed start date
- At least one letter of recommendation to be emailed
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS)|
|Fellowship Level||Technical position|
Physics, Astrophysics, Fluid Dynamics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Machine Learning
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||24 August 2020|