Research Scientist / postdoc in Mathematical Germany
The Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) is seeking to appoint a postdoctoral scholar with an emphasis on mathematical or formal demography. We are seeking a creative, self-driven, and collaborative scholar, with a big-picture perspective, a knack for mathematical modeling, and a love of formal demography. Strong verbal, written, and graphical communication skills are expected. MPIDR is one of the leading demographic centers in the world.
The successful candidate will contribute to research on methodological aspects of measuring, monitoring, and modeling population processes. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop their own research agenda, collaborate freely throughout and beyond the MPIDR, and supervise PhD students.
They offer a unique environment that combines the best aspects of an academic setting and a research laboratory.
How to apply:
Please apply online via https://www.demogr.mpg.de/go/JobAd572527 and include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of Interest (1-2 pages);
- Research Statement (1-2 pages);
- Names and contact information of up to 3 academic references;
- Up to 2 writing samples or publications.
In order to receive full consideration, applications should be submitted by October 15, 2020.
Later submission will be accepted until the position is filled.
- The starting date is flexible, but no later than fall 2021. PhD students who expect to obtain their degree before the starting date may apply.
- We offer a contract for up to 5 years with remuneration commensurate to experience, starting from approx. 56,000 EUR gross per year for researchers who have just completed their PhD, up to approx. 70,000 EUR gross per year for more senior scientists, based on the salary structure of the German public sector (Öffentlicher Dienst, TVöD Bund).
The successful candidate is expected to work locally at the MPIDR in Rostock, Germany. Relocation support is available. The Max Planck Society offers a broad range of measures to support the reconciliation of work and family. These are complemented by the MPIDR’s own initiatives.
For more information, see: https://www.demogr.mpg.de/go/work-family.
For inquiries about the position, please contact Mikko Myrskylä at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Riffe at email@example.com
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subjects||Demographic Research, Mathematics,|
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research|
|Last date||October 15, 2020 ( until the position is filled)|
|Contact||Mikko Myrskylä at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Riffe at email@example.com