Research Scientist Postdoc: Natural Sciences (DFZ)
Institute of Bio- and Geosciences – Agrosphere (IBG-3) conduct research to improve understanding of hydrological and biogeochemical processes in terrestrial systems.
The advertised postdoctoral position is part of the DFG funded priority program (PP) “rhizosphere spatiotemporal organization – a key to rhizosphere function”.
Positions: Research Scientist / Postdoc with a PhD degree in Natural Sciences / Engineering Sciences / Applied Mathematics
Development of mathematical models describing rhizosphere processes from the single root to the root system scale, the implementation of these models in the simulation environments CRootBox and DUNE/DuMuX, as well as the use of data from within the PP for model calibration and validation.
Reference number: 2018-295
- Development of mathematical models zu describe rhizosphere processes on the single root and root system scale.
- Implementation of those models using simulation tools such as CRootBox and Dune/DuMux.
- Model parameterisation and evaluation using data from the SPP
- PhD degree in natural sciences, engineering sciences or applied mathematics
- Experience in mathematical modelling and simulation
- Knowledge about soil physics including partial differential equations for water flow and solute transport
- Programming skills
- Since the work involves interdisciplinary cooperation with several research institutes, good communication and organisational skills are essential
- Good written and oral English skills
- Vibrant international and interdisciplinary work environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Being a member in an international research Team
- Attendance at national and international conferences and Workshops
- Possibility for further scientific and technical training through international experts
- An exceptional research infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and family life
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD). Depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks, salary grade EG 13 TVöD-Bund
|Organization||Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG),
Institute of Bio- and Geosciences – Agrosphere (IBG-3)
|Fellowship Level||Research Scientist / Postdoc|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences, Engineering sciences, Applied Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open Until filled|