Seeking a Research Scientist, Postdoctoral Researcher or Research Associate at the RIKEN Baton Zone Program, Cluster for Science, Technology and Innovation Hub.
Project Leader: Michihiko Minoh)
Research Area: Promoting R & D for the social implementation of next-generation robotics (“brain x AI”) that synergistically incorporates the strengths of AI research into brain science and cognitive science.
Positions Title: Research Scientist, Postdoctoral Researcher or Research Associate
Number of Positions: 02
- Research on cognitive modelling and computational implementation of daily problem solving tasks by robots.
- These robots should have common sense and be able to link sensors and actuators to higher level planning, prediction and reflection systems.
- Research on language understanding and speech generation, which will facilitate robot’s understanding of user’s utterance and generation of robot’s natural response.
- This research on language module should be done in accordance with the cognitive modelling research.
- Have research experience in basic and applied AI.
- Published at least three (03) peer-reviewed English papers as the first author in related research fields.
- Should be fluent in English and Japanese.
- Basic or intermediate level fluency in Japanese.
Programming skill in Lisp, C/C++/C#, or Python and sufficient programming experience in these languages are desirable.
Research Scientist, Postdoctoral Researcher
PhD holder in fields indicated under.
Master’s degree holder in fields indicated under [Job description] or equivalent abilities. Should also have a strong desire to earn a PhD and motivation to advance to a higher position.
- Complete (photo and email address)
Write the RIKEN job ad number “W20037”, indicated in the parentheses next to the job title, in the RIKEN job ad number section in the upper right corner of your CV.
- List of research achievement, publications (Mark within 5 major papers, and divide them into original papers, reviews, patents, etc.)
- A letter of recommendation from the current supervisor (If unavailable, a letter from a substitute reference will be acceptable.)
- Research proposal.
List of competitive external funds obtained (e.g. Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research.
Send the PDF formatted application by email to csth-jinji [at] riken.jp
(Recommendation letters must be emailed directly from the reference to csth-jinji [at] riken.jp)
Note: Application documents will not be returned.
Deadline: Open until the position is filled
|Position||Research Scientist, Postdoctoral Researcher or Research Associate|
|Subject areas||Basic and Applied AI: Cognitive Modelling and Computational Implementation|
|Salary||According to agreement|
|Eligibility||PhD. in relevant subject|