Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP) is seeking to hire Research Scientist/Senior Scientist Materials Science and Engineering (m/f/d) within the MET – Materials for Energy Technologies Research Group.
Duration: Fixed-term contract for 48 months/Full-time appointment
- The primary objective of this position will be the development of new manufacturing routes for deposition of perovskite ceramic thin films for oxygen separation membranes, within the frame of HiPowAR – an EU project within Horizon2020 FETPROACT-EIC-05-2019 “Emerging Paradigms and Communities” – Breakthrough zero-emissions energy generation for full decarbonization. In HiPowAR, the INP and partners from Germany, Sweden, Italy and Czech Republic will develop a new membrane reactor for energy generation from ammonia as a new carbon-free energy carrier.
- The integration of mixed ion electron conducting (MIEC) thin membranes will enable higher efficiencies in ammonia conversion as compared to combustion or steam generation.
- The main responsibility of the project work is on development of ceramic MIEC thin film and optimization of magnetron sputtering and subsequent laser annealing processes for thin film activation.
- Applicant must hold PhD level in Material Science, Nanotechnology, Materials Engineering or Solid State Chemistry or related fields with a background in ion and mixed conducting complex metal oxides such as perovskite
- Excellent knowledge in crystallography and characterization of structural properties by X-ray (XRD), in electron diffraction and transmission electron microscopy is preferred.
- Highly developed analytical skills in electrochemistry and characterization of transport properties of electroceramic materials and good knowledge in energy technologies.
- Applicant must possess excellent language skills in English, both written and oral
How to apply:
Apply online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Copies of academic degrees
- Letters of reference
Reference number “0348 Research Scientist Materials Science and Engineering”
|Organization||Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)|
Material Science, Nanotechnology, Materials Engineering, Solid State Chemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||June 30th 2020|