Research Scientist / Structural Geologist at the CSIRO, Australia.
We are seeking a research scientist with a demonstrated track record in structural geology with significant field experience who can contribute to research projects across the wide range of commodities and deposit styles in which the Discovery Program operates.
As the Scientist, you will examine how these structures control the architecture of deposits both through providing pathways for mineralising fluids and through their fundamental role in basin development. You will be required to build on existing capability to interpret multiscale observations including microstructural and microchemical observations through to craton-scale geophysical datasets.
- Work as part of a team or individually, providing a structural framework for the interplay of deformation and mineralisation.
- Carry out field mapping, core measurements, fault and fracture analysis, and underground and pit mapping of faults, fractures and veins.
- Provide an interpretation of structural data collected from a variety of sources (self, industry, etc)
- Work in a wide range of tectonic settings including both basins and mineralised metamorphic terranes but with the common focus on understanding brittle deformation/tectonics.
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Fellowship: AU$97K – AU$105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Reference ID: 59993
Requirements: To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A doctorate and/or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Geosciences.
- Expertise in structural geology especially focused on faults, fractures and the role these play in mineral system architecture
- Demonstrated field experience in mine or petroleum environments
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research
- Experience in 3D modelling software, GIS and other geoscience-related software packages
- Willingness to conduct field work in remote locations in Australia.
- A strong understanding of the concept of mineral systems and basin systems science
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a multi-disciplinary, research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A significant record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations.
- A current Australian driver’s licence, or ability to obtain Australian licence.
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Deadline: 7th March, 2019.
|Fellowship||AU$97K – AU$105K|
|Eligibility||PhD. in relevant subject|
|Deadline||7th March, 2019.|
- Total Jobs 7 Jobs
- Address Australia