DAAD grants provide an opportunity to carry out research and continue education in Germany to the foreign academics and scientists. The aim of this programme is to support short-term research stays and promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. This programme is for University teachers and established academics and scientists who have usually completed a PhD degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
Funding: Research stays at state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. Funding may only be claimed once within 3 years (lecture tours or visits to conferences are not funded).
Duration of the funding: 1-3 months; grant is non-renewable.
- 2,000 euros/month for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
- 2,150 euros/ month for professors
- Travel allowance
- academic achievements
- recent publications
- convincing and well-planned research project
- Applicants must have obtained their Doctorate.
- Applicants must be working at a university or institute of higher education in their home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany.
- Language skills: depends on the applicant’s study plans and subject; arts, social sciences and law scholars would need at least a good knowledge of German. For the natural sciences and engineering scholars, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted.
- April 15th: for stays between August (same year) and January (following year)
- October 15th: for stays between March and July (following year)
|Organization||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 15th & October 15th|
- Total Jobs 39 Jobs
- Address Germany