Roehampton University offers a range of funding opportunities for research students, which include dedicated funding streams and access to funding sources available to other students. University offers PhD Studentship in the Department of Life Sciences (Social networks, personality and social support in goats) commencing from 1st January 2018 under the supervision of Dr AG McElligott (Life Sciences)
About the project:
- The project will include behavioural observations, as well as cognitive and playback experiments.
- All data collection will be carried at an animal sanctuary, using a large number of habituated animals.
- Selected candidate will be required to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Selected candidate will receive appropriate training for the research, viz. bioacoustics and other technology for studying behaviour and physiology.
- Applicants must hold at least a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in Zoology, Psychology or a related subject and a relevant Master’s degree.
- International students are required to provide evidence of their proficiency in English language skills.
- A full, clean driving license is required, as all data collection will take place at the study site in Kent.
- covers Home/EU fees
- Annual stipend at current Research Council rates
- Applicants are required to download the Research Degree Application Form
- Application with the following material (single PDF) are required to be sent to email@example.com with “Life Sciences Studentship” and applicant’s surname in the subject heading
- Cover letter stating the reasons for applying for this studentship and outlining the expertise and relevant skills
- IELTS certificate (if English is not the first language)
- Qualification documents (transcripts and certificates)
- Referees must submit references direct to the above email address, as soon as possible.
|Open to all nationalities
|September 1, 2017