Research technician in Biocatalysis at the Faculty of Science, Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences
Salary indication: €2,651 to €3,642 gross per month
Closing date: 1 July 2016
Hours: 38 hours per week
Vacancy number: 16-192
About the group: The Biocatalysis group is part of the Sustainable Chemistry re- search theme. The Biocatalysis is recruiting a Research Technician for supporting an exciting research programme that is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) – BioSusAmin and two other NWO grants (Sector Plan on Physics and Chemistry and NWO-echo).
- Carry out routine and custom research in biochemistry and molecular biology;
- perform tasks related to molecular biology (i.e. generation of gene libraries, site-directed mutagenesis, gene cloning, etc.);
- perform tasks related to biochemistry (i.e. optimization of cell cultures, protein expression and purification, biochemical characterization of recombinant enzymes);
- in collaboration with other group members, develop new meth- ods for the generation and the screening of libraries of enzyme variants;
- in collaboration with the other group members, develop analyt- ical methods and assays for the screening of enzyme libraries;
- Chemistry or life sciences background with a special focus on biochemistry.
- Track record detailing your experience will be carefully considered in the selection process and previous experience in the field of industrial (white) biotechnology and / or enzymology is an advan- tage.
- Ability to work independently (after an initial training) and laboratory trouble-shooting is highly required.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
Further information: Dr Francesco Mutti
Starting date: 1 September 2016.
Duration: Initial period of 12 months with possible extension
€2,651 to €3,642 (salary scale 9) gross per month
Job application Procedure
Send your application to email@example.com.
Please mention vacancy number 16-192 in the subject-line.
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications (if applicable),
- a motivation letter (why did you choose to apply for this position),
- the names and contact details of two academic referees.
All these should be grouped in one PDF attachment (not zipped).