David Phillips Fellowships (DPF) provide support for researchers wishing to establish their first independent research group. Awards are for five years and include personal salary and a significant research support grant to enable fellows to establish their own independent research group.
Key Features –
- Five fellowships will be awarded per year
- 1M (80% fEC) grants awarded every year
- Substantial demonstration of support for the fellow be made by the host research organization (e.g. in terms of access to facilities and equipment, training, research costs etc.).
- Proposals can be submitted in any area of science within our remit.
Aimed at researchers who want to establish their first independent research group undertaking a programme of excellent research. Applicants will be able to demonstrate great potential and have a scientific career showing a clear upward trajectory.
- Applicants should hold a PhD, but not hold, or have held, an open-ended academic position of Lecturer level or equivalent
- It is expected that applicants will have at least three years of active postdoctoral research experience prior
How to apply: The candidate is required to submit a proposal electronically via the Joint Electronic Submissions (Je-S) system with the following mandatory attachments (see also Je-S DPF help text in application downloads below):
- CV (see applications downloads below) You should complete the standard CV template. We do not accept stand alone CVs.
- Case for support and track record
- Diagrammatic workplan
- Data management plan
- List of publications
- Head of department statement
- Justification of resources
- Pathways to impact plan
Application deadline: 9 May 2019, 4pm
|Organization||Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines offered|
|Salary||Seed grants to establish research groups|
|Eligibility||PhD holders worldwide|
|Deadline||9 May 2019, 4pm|