Central University of Gujarat is inviting online applications from eligible and suitable Indian nationals for direct recruitment to faculty positions (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor) in various Schools /Centres of Studies on regular basis through open competition on all India basis.
Schools /Centres of Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Applied Material Science
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Environment and Sustainable Development
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Nano Sciences
- School of International Studies
- School of National Security Studies
- School of Education
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of 120.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate OR
- An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above) / industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75).
- A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET : Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency OR
- The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: Quacquarelli Symonds (QS); The Times Higher Education (THE); The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply:
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Applicants need to send ONE hard copy of Printout of Application along with all self-attested testimonials, certificates and all supporting documents wherever required to “Recruitment Cell, Central University of Gujarat, Sector-29, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382030” in closed cover super scribing as under through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier only, failing which the application will be rejected:
|Organization||Central University of Gujarat (CUG)|
Social Sciences, Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Chemical Sciences, Applied Material Science, Life Sciences, Environment and Sustainable Development, Library and Information Science, Nano Sciences, International Studies, National Security Studies, Education
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||Online Application: 27/02/2020
Hardcopy of online application: 09/03/2020