The Royal Society offers Research Grants scheme, is dedicated for scientists in the UK who are at an early stage in their career and wish to purchase specialized equipment and consumables, or for academics to research the history of science. The scheme provides ‘seed corn’ funding for new projects of timeliness and promise.
Subject areas: Natural Sciences
For the life and physical sciences:
- Applicant must hold a PhD or be of equivalent standing in profession
- Applicant must be based at an eligible UK organisation and a UK resident at the time of application
- Applicant must be within the first 5 years of the start date of first permanent or limited-tenured academic position.
- Applicant must be holding a permanent position or a limited-tenure academic position at an eligible institution
- Applicant must be fully independent researchers with access to their own lab space
Grant value: up to £20,000
Duration: 12 months
- Applications to be submitted via the Royal Society’s e-grant application system (e-GAP).
|Organization||The Royal Society|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences. Physical Sciences, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to scholars based in UK|
|Deadline||This scheme is expected to open in March 2020.|