RWTH Aachen University: 13 PhD Positions (Life Sciences)
13 Open PhD Positions for the IRTG 2379 at the International Research Training Group (IRTG) “Modern Inverse Problems: From Geometry and Data to Models and Applications” (MIP) at RWTH Aachen University offers 13 doctoral positions for a three (03)-year structured program.
The positions are funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) at the payscale TVL 13 (100%).
Funding is for three (03) years, starting on October 1st, 2018.
The center currently offers open PhD positions in the research fields of:
1) Novel Stabilized Finite-Element Methods for Microstructured and Complex Fluids
2) Computational Tools for Chemical Imaging
3) Model-Based Generation of Linear Algebra Software
4) Boundary Conforming Smooth Spline Spaces for Isogeometric Analysis
5) Methods for Demand-Side-Management in Process and Chemical Industry
6) Metric-Based Anisotropic Adaptation for Optimal Petrov-Galerkin Methods
7) Numerical Reconstruction Techniques for the Boltzmann Equation
8) Model Order Reduction for Goal-Oriented Bayesian Inversion
9) Model-Controlled Bayesian Inversion for Geophysical Inverse Problems
Qualifications / Requirements
- A Master degree (or an equivalent degree) in a relevant field
- Transcripts for the Bachelor and Master’s degrees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of German is not expected.
All applications must include following documents:
- curriculum vitae
- statement of purpose
- transcript(s) and degree(s) from universities previously attended
- at least two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL score or other evidence of English skills
Please submit your complete application as a PDF via e-mail with subject “IRTG 2379 Admission” and your preferred research topic, to this id: admission(a)aices.rwth-aachen.de
|Organization||RTG RWTH Aachen University|
|Subject areas||Life / Natural Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||1,000 -1500 Euros/month.|
|Eligibility||Open to all International applicants|