Sabanci University: Mercator-IPC Fellowships, Turkey – Stiftung Mercator & Istanbul Policy Center (IPC) at Sabanci University asks academics, journalists & professionals to apply for the Mercator-IPC Fellowship Program.
The program aims to reinforce academic, political, and social ties among Turkey and Germany, as well as between Turkey and Europe.
|Subject areas||EU/German-Turkish relations and climate change|
|Deadline||Applications accepted twice a year|
Fellows will work at IPC, a self-governing policy research establishment with global outreach situated in downtown Istanbul. IPC’s assignment is to promote academic research and its applicability to policy making. The Center is determinedly committed to provide decision makers, opinion leaders, academics, and the general public with pioneering and objective analysis of key domestic and overseas policy issues. Scholars are benefited from Sabancı University’s outstanding intellectual resources and vast assets of scientific knowledge.
- Brilliant young academics, journalists and professionals who have noteworthy work experience.
- Aspirants will likely to work on scholarly or practical projects at IPC.
- PhD degree is strongly preferred but Master’s degree (or equivalent) may also apply for this position.
- Candidates without a PhD degree will only be acknowledged if their work experience and proficiency meet the program regulations.
- Projects focusing on the German-Turkish alliance are preferred.
Term and Location of Fellowship:
- Funds are available for a period of 6-12 months and are mainly, but not absolutely, granted to candidates from Germany and/or with a strong association to German civilization.
- Fellows are encouraged to be physically present in Istanbul for the duration of their fellowship until they are required to travel out for project.
- Project proposals can be of a scholastic or practical nature.
There are two types of fellowships:
- Mercator-IPC Senior Fellowships are granted to internationally renowned scholars and highly respected representatives of civil society or politics.
- Mercator-IPC Fellowships are granted to outstanding young academics, journalists and professionals who have significant prior work experience.
For Further Details: Click