Schlumberger Foundation Ph.D. & Postdoctoral Fellowships for Women from Developing Countries.
To be eligible to apply for this fellowship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy.
- Are preparing for a Ph.D., or postdoc
- hold an excellent academic record
A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host country university;
- Level of commitment to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Commitment to inspiring young women into the sciences.
Fields of study
- Physical sciences,
- Engineering and technology and related disciplines.
- Biological sciences.
Number of fellowships awarded: Up to 218 fellowships will be granted
Duration: Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation & recommendations from supervisors.
Scholarship benefits: A maximum of USD 50,000 for PhDs & USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study / year.
Application and selection procedure
You have to apply for the PhD program prior to applying for the fellowship. Applications are only accepted through the Online System.
The selection process includes five rounds:
- Based on compliance with eligibility criteria (as above).
- Based on scoring of these criteria
- Focus on quality of research proposal, scientific interest and relevance to home country.
- Interview by telephone by members of the Schlumberger Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Selection of grant recipients.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete and detailed information on eligibility criteria and also to apply to this fellowship.
|Fellowship Level||PhD or Postdoc short term fellowships|
|Subject areas||Sciences, Engineering, Technology & related fields|
|Fellowship||USD50,000 for PhDs & USD40,000 for Post-doctoral|
|Eligibility||Women from developing countries|
More Scholarship Information and Application