Türkiye Scholarships are government funded competitive scholarships awarded to international students and researchers to pursue full-time degree and research programs at the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Applications to Türkiye Scholarships are only accepted via Türkiye Scholarships website. Applications can be submitted in 6 languages; Turkish, Arabic, English, French, Russian and Bosnian. A citizen of any country outside Turkey may apply. Scholarships are available for undergraduate, master’s, and PhD degrees in a range of subjects. One application allows students to get both admissions to a university and a scholarship.
Applications Apart from providing education opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey also offers scholarships to outstanding international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey. Applications for 2018 Türkiye Scholarships will be open between 1 – 30 November 2017 for citizens of the following countries: Angola, Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Ecuador, Indonesia, Fiji, South Africa, South Korea, Honduras, Kenya, Kiribati, Colombia, Costa Rica, Lesotho, Maldives, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Chile, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Vanuatu, New Zealand, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For full list of countries open in this application period, you can download Türkiye Scholarships Academic Calendar and view all application periods as well as list of countries corresponding to each application period. Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
The application dates for other countries will be announced at a later date. Applications can only be made through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr. Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system. Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Are there any authorized persons or institutions for the application? There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships. Candidates must submit their applications to www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr personally. Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Is there an age limit for the applications? Candidates must not be older than 21 years of age for undergraduate degree, 30 years of age for master’s degree and 35 years of age for doctoral degree.
- Is it a must to be a graduate in order to apply?
- Applicants who apply to Türkiye Scholarships must be a graduate or able to graduate at the end of the current academic year.
- Are there required documents to be submitted during the application?
- Candidates have to meet the criteria of the university and department which they choose. If it is requested by the university or department, candidates must submit the necessary documents such as the scores of SAT, TOEFL, DELF, YDS, etc. Applications of candidates who do not submit the required documents will not be evaluated.
- How is the evaluation process of the applications?
- In the evaluation process of the applications, candidates will be evaluated based on their eligibility to the application criteria of the program applied for as well as their academic and social achievements.
- Is it possible for the candidates to choose any department which they want?
- In the application system, universities and departments which candidates can choose will be available according to the educational background of the candidate. Candidates may only choose universities and departments available to them in the system. An additional choice of university or department that is not available in the system is not possible.
- Which communication channels can I use to get detailed information?
- For more information about Türkiye Scholarships and the application process, you may visit our website www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr, reach our Call Center at 0850 455 0982 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round 1: Application Dates 1 – 30 November 2017
Announcement of the results 15 February 2018
Round 2: Application Dates 5 February – 5 March 2018
Announcement of the results 15 May 2018
Round 3: Application Dates 16 April – 14 May 2018
Announcement of the results 24 July 2018
More details: https://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr
Türkiye Scholarship Call Center 0850 455 0 982
For your questions and requests: email@example.com