Candidates are invited for a PhD position in soil erosion research at the research group Environmental Geosciences of University of Basel with interest in soil science, particularly soil erosion and sediment transport.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- A commitment to analytical work in the lab, especially use of stable isotope mass spectrometry methods as well as occasional fieldwork is expected.
- At the Department of Environmental Sciences within the research group Environmental Geosciences.
- we are looking for applicant who are interested to track soils and/or sediments with Compound Specific Isotope Analysis (CSIA) and/or geochemical tracers.
- Evaluation of data will be done with statistical and modelling tools (e.g., MixSIAR).
- Appointments starting in February 2021 will be for one year with an extension of three additional years.
- Applicant should have a MSc in environmental sciences, geosciences, soil science or in a related field, with strong interest in soil erosion research.
- They are interested to work in an interdisciplinary research environment and have good communication skills including fluency in English
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your complete application documents, including a letter stating your motivation, experience and skills, a CV and contact details of at least two references via our online recruiting platform.
- For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Christine Alewell, secretariat
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||soil science, Environmental Sciences and Environmental Geosciences|